Why Accessorize Your Purse?
Why Accessorize Your Purse?
* To create a unique look. There are so many handbags out there, but no two are exactly alike. The more accessories you add, the more unique your bag will be!
* To express your personal style. You can use accessories to show off what kind of person you are and what makes you tick--whether it's a love of all things sparkly or an affinity for stripes and polka dots (or both!).
* To show off your personality through color choices and patterns in both clothing and accessories
What Accessories Should You Choose?
There are many accessories that can be added to your purse. Some examples include:\
Charms - Charms are small decorative items that can be attached to a bracelet or necklace. They come in many different shapes and sizes, but they're all meant to add some extra flair to your outfit.\
Tassels - Tassels are long strands of fabric with tassels at either end (hence the name). They're often used as keychains or as decoration on purses and handbags because they add some pizzazz!\
Keychains - Keychains are small metal objects that attach easily onto keys so you don't lose them! They come in all sorts of shapes, sizes and designs--you could have anything from an animal head on yours if you wanted! A lot of people like having their favorite sports team logo on theirs too :)\
How to Choose the Right Accessories for Your Purse
* Match colors and patterns. If your purse is black and white, try to find a scarf or necklace in those same colors. If it's blue, consider a scarf with a pattern that matches the color scheme of your bag. The same goes for purses in other colors--you can look for accessories that match their hue exactly, or go with something slightly different but complementary (like orange and green).
* Consider the size and shape of your purse. If you're carrying around one of those giant bags that could hold everything but the kitchen sink, then consider keeping accessories simple so they don't overwhelm the look overall; this will also help keep things from getting too heavy! On the flip side, if you have a small crossbody bag with just enough room for essentials like keys and phone but not much else...well...then maybe think twice before adding another item!
Styling Ideas for Accessorizing Your Purse
* Mix and match colors and patterns.
* Choose one standout accessory.
* Create a focal point with your purse by adding an eye-catching element, like a bold color or unique shape.
Where to Find the Best Accessories for Your Purse
When it comes to finding the best accessories for your purse, you have a lot of options. You can visit boutiques and department stores, or shop online at retailers like Amazon or Etsy and Dressupyourpurse.com is of course your best stop.
If you're looking for something specific--like an iPhone case or wallet--you'll want to start by checking out these sites:
DIY Ideas for Accessorizing Your Purse
* Create your own charms and tassels. You can make your own purse charms out of anything you have lying around the house, like buttons, beads or even coins. If you're feeling crafty, try making a tassel for the end of your strap.
* Embellish with fabric. Add some flair to an old bag by adding fabric to the outside of it -- whether it's patches or strips of material sewn onto the outside of an existing purse or something more elaborate like applique work that covers all sides of the bag in different patterns and colors (like this one).
* Add a unique closure mechanism: If there isn't already one on your handbag already (like magnetic snaps), look into finding one that will work best for how much stuff goes inside each time before deciding whether or not adding another piece onto something else would be worth it--and remember that if nothing else works out perfectly then just find something similar at home!
Tips for Accessorizing Your Purse
* Start with the basics. The first thing to do when accessorizing your handbag is to make sure you have all of the essentials. You don't want to be caught without a wallet, phone charger and lip balm when you need them most!
* Invest in quality accessories. When purchasing new items for your purse, look for high-quality materials that will last longer than cheap imitations found at discount stores or online retailers like Amazon Prime Day sales promotions (if there are any). This includes bags made out of leather or suede rather than faux leather; metal chains instead of plastic ones; real pearls instead of plastic imitations; etcetera ad infinitum...
* Don't over-accessorize! While having lots of options may seem like fun at first glance, too many things hanging off one's shoulder can actually become distracting after awhile--and nobody wants their focus split between so many things at once!
How to Care for Your Purse Accessories
* Keep your accessories clean.
* Store your accessories properly.
* Repair any broken or damaged items as soon as possible, especially if they are expensive or irreplaceable pieces that you have had for a long time.
How to Style Your Purse for Different Occasions
* Casual: If you're headed to a casual event, like a backyard BBQ or an afternoon picnic with friends, your purse should reflect that. You can still accessorize it with jewelry and scarves but make sure they're not too dressy. A neutral bag in brown or tan will work best for this kind of occasion.
* Formal: If you're attending something more formal than the average party (think weddings), then keep things simple with just one statement piece like a pair of earrings or necklace that matches your outfit perfectly. Also remember not to go overboard on accessories--the simpler they are, the better!
* Work: When it comes time for work, think about what kind of bag would fit into your professional environment best? Do some research online before buying anything so that when people see your handbag they won't think "oh no...not another one!"
Accessorizing your purse is an easy and fun way to add a personal touch to your style. Whether you're looking for ways to spruce up an old handbag or want to create a new look for an accessory that's still in the box, there are plenty of ways to dress up your purse.